Thursday, September 22, 2011

Still Coming Back

Who ever said that you should do the right thing? I thought taking care of mom was the right thing to do, but is doing what is right always the right thing to do? I am so confused. I am still trying to get my life together. Granted my sisters and I are on good terms again and I am grateful for that. Our kids are grown and have good lives, which I am very happy about. I mean, that's what any parent wants, is for their children to be happy and doing what they love. We have a beautiful, charming little granddaughter....what a blessing! Mike and I are getting along.........getting along. But, something is missing.

I am working on a second book, all about coming back and rebuilding my life after the loss of my mom. It is one of those 'dirty little secrets' that nobody wants to talk about. I believe it needs to be talked about because us caregivers suffer and struggle, almost more after our loved one dies. It's hard!

2 comments:

  1. You were a very exceptional person to do what you did for your mom. I'll be looking for your 2nd book when it's done. I hope you find what is 'missing.' I know that feeling. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeri! Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete